GOAL: Develop a “Process” for Optimizing Client Reviews that will lead to more business.
ACTION: Schedule Minimum of 1 Client Review a Day
Support the need for and benefit of in-depth client reviews
- Retirement Crisis: 65% of U.S. Households are now at risk of not having enough money to sustain their standard of living in retirement.
- Without sustainable lifetime income, “middle-income Americans are at high risk of outliving their financial assets and living their final years in poverty.” Ernst & Young LLP
- “Income annuities can assure retirees of an income stream for life at a cost as much as 40% less than a traditional stock, bond and cash mix. WSJ
- “Lifetime income annuities may not be the perfect financial instrument for retirement, but . . . they dominate anything else for most situations. The Wharton School
- The average Advisor loses 50% of its customers every 5 years
- The cost of replacing a customer can be 6 to 7 times more expensive than keeping a current customer happy. (Harvard Business Review)
- Almost 90% of a company’s net profit is directly attributed to sales to existing rather than new clients (Bain Consulting)
- 71% of Producers will lose a client they didn’t want to lose in 2015
- 81% of clients are looking to change financial advisors this year. (WSJ)
WHAT’S AT STAKE?
- Doing Client Reviews at all separates you from the competition and most stock brokers. Doing them well and in a way that matters to your clients takes you into the top 5% of financial advisors.
- In a down market you can remind your clients that the most important thing that anyone can do to drive financial success, is to avoid losses. In doing that, you are providing them with retirement insurance.
- In an up market you can reinforce your original positioning for these products, that they are designed to preserve their original investment in a down market and capture a portion of the upside. Additionally, this is a great opportunity to remind your clients that over the long haul, statistics and relevant third parties confirm that this is the most effective strategy to assure a successful retirement.