From a content marketing perspective, there is nothing more captivating than a good story. Add to that the fact that views of online video far surpass most text-based content, and you’ve got a practically guaranteed formula for success. But you don’t have to just take our word for it. Here are 5 statistically compelling reasons why web video works:
- Video accounts for 50% of mobile traffic. It’s no secret that mobile usage is steadily growing. So, even if that 50% figure remains static, the total number of individuals who will view online videos will also grow.
- 65% of video viewers watch more that ¾ of a video. Consumers are a fickle bunch and it’s difficult to hold their attention for very long, regardless of the medium. But their willingness to stick with a video for that long makes it easier to get your message across. Just be sure to make your message compelling from the start to keep them engaged.
- Video’s share of total internet traffic is growing. In 2015 experts believed that video accounted for 57% of internet traffic, and they expect that number to rise to 69% by 2017 and 79% by 2018. That trajectory indicates that video is not just a flash-in-the-pan. So developing a long-term video strategy is a sound investment.
- Video has great promise as a B2B marketing tool. In 2015, more than 80% of senior executives watched more online video than they did the previous year; and 75% of business executives watched work-related videos weekly.
- Video also has a positive impact on email marketing. Including the word “video” in the subject line of an email increases open rates by 19%. In addition, click-through rates go up 65% and unsubscribe rates drop 26